I was born in Chicago but my parents are from Turkey and I am 100% Turkish who is also an American citizen. I am a diplomat's daughter, who has lived in many cities all her life such as; Tahran, Virginia, Beijing, Istanbul, Doha, Dubai and now Madrid. I majored in graphic design at a fine arts faculty at Istanbul. My advertising and design career started off when I interned at McCann Erickson Istanbul and DDB & Co. Which later on that year I landed a job as Jr. Art Director at TBWA\Istanbul. As I grew my experience in advertising I noticed that I didn't only want to be a designer but to also to put my thinking cap on and come up with ideas as well. After 2 years in TBWA\Istanbul I got a new opportunity to experience a completely different region where I worked as a creative for 3 years at Memac Ogilvy & Mather Dubai. Currently I moved to the heart of creativity in Europe; Spain. Besides getting fat on amazing Spanish tapas and wine with my partner we're also working on freelance projects along side our personal projects. Finally I would like to mention I am a huge cheese fan. When I am not sitting around eating cheese, I love to sketch very random thoughts that go on in my mind and write my book, which hopefully I will finish before I die. Besides that I love to snowboard, sail, longboard and always find time for great food, drinks, music and dancing! If you want to discuss ideas, opportunities or just the weather, feel free to contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org
- POTATOES ON MARSIDEA: A team of world-class scientists will grow potatoes under Martian conditions in a bid to save millions of lives. The experiment, led by the International Potato Center (CIP) and NASA, is a major step towards building a controlled dome on Mars capable of farming the invaluable crop in order to demonstrate that potatoes can be grown in the most inhospitable environments. The goal is to raise awareness of the incredible resilience of potatoes, and fund further research and farming in devastated areas across the globe where malnutrition and poverty are rife and climbing. So far it has reached over 5 Billion media impressions and is now headed to grow these spuds in Bangladesh. For more information click here MY ROLE: Creative / Art Direction AWARDS Cannes Lions 2017 - Health / Health & Wellness / Gold Cannes Lions 2017 - Innovation / Applied Innovation / Silver Cannes Lions 2017 - PR / Use of Technology / Silver Cannes Lions 2017 - 4 Shortlists (Health & Wellness, Media, Promo & Activation) D&AD Impact - Graphite Pencil / Responsible Production & Consumption / 2017
- TUMMYFISHIDEA: Kids will believe anything if it’s wrapped up in a nice story, so using a colorful illustrated storybook and a breakthrough interactive mobile app, we convinced them that they had a fish living in their tummy, which they needed to care for by drinking water every day to keep it happy and healthy. Application URL MY ROLE: Creative / Art Direction / Storytelling AWARDS Lovie Awards 2016 - Mobile Applications - Health & Fitness - Gold Dubai Lynx 2017 - Branded Content & Entertainment - Use of Digital & Social - Grand Prix Dubai Lynx 2017 - Direct - Charities, Public Health & Safety, Public Awareness Messages - Silver Dubai Lynx 2017 - Integrated - Branded Games - Bronze Dubai Lynx 2017 - Integrated - Craft Storytelling - Bronze One Show 2017 - UX/UI - Mobile / User Experience - Silver Pencil, Merit One Show 2017 - Branded Entertainment - Mobile / Mobile - Merit Effies MENA 2017 - Youth Marketing Children - Gold Effies MENA 2017 - Entertainment & Sports - Gold Dubai Lynx 2018 - Healthcare - Health & Wellness Tech - Silver
- LONG STORY SHORTwhat3words provides a precise and incredibly simple way to talk about location. The app has divided the world into a grid of 3m x 3m squares and assigned each one a unique 3 word address. what3words wanted to do a launch film in Saudi Arabia but it had to really understand the country and it's target audience to really make them want to download and use the app. So how did we approach that? IDEA: Saudi’s directions are shocking so let’s encourage them to cut to the chase and get to the point in just 3 words. No more long, misleading directions all it takes is 3 words. To bring LONG STORY SHORT to life in our brand launch film we focused on what the target audience would appeal to by working with a local influencer, also a film director, who knows the exact approach to play with which is showing the frustration of getting lost in the city through Saudi humour.
- IT'S YOUR STYLEBabyshop is the leading baby and child store in the Middle East and in 2017 they wanted a complete new brand philosophy and with it a new look and feel. THE NEW PHILOSOPHY: It's all about your style as the parent. YOUR style is letting your kids live, thrive and express themselves. You give them the roots to stay grounded and the wings to soar. Any way you parent, that's fine... it's your style. For the full year of 2017 not only did we launched the new re-branding of Babyshop but lead the fashion campaign and collection shots for each season. MY ROLE: Creative / Head of Art / Art Direction / Design
- RESHAPING DISABILITIESCHALLENGE: Showcase IBM's hiring practices in Africa & the Middle East that gave equal opportunity to all employees. SOLUTION: Being standard doesn't always mean being right. IBM has always believed in recognizing talent without discrimination and to convey that we created a series of mailers to our employees which were not standard, but conveyed the same message. RESULT: When beginning from a base of almost zero, it's difficult to measure results based on awareness along. But with this campaign IBM has committed to employing more people with disabilities by creating a shift in PR strategy. Step one is to announce that shift to all IBM's employees and especially HR staff. That is what this campaign has achieved. MY ROLE: Creative / Art Direction / Design
- IT'S REAL SPRITESaudi has a culture that has a low tolerance to bullshit - in fact they already make fun of it. So... Sprite wants to be the 1st brand that stands for being real. How can we get Saudi's to be real and buy Sprite? We introduce a new formula that contains: MIN JID! Sarcasm - MIN JID? An expressive statement used when experiencing something weird or unbelievable. Just as an English speaker would say "seriously?" Ex. Grown macho man making a duck face... Min Jid? Seriously? OR Confirmation - MIN JID! An expressive statement used for confirming truth and realism. Just as an English speaker would say "It's real!" Ex. Min Jid Lamoon/It's real Lemon When we launch this brand we want people to question what the new ingredient is and what is Min Jid? So we brought this attitude to life through the cans. Taking true insights from the young Saudi adults and reflecting real situations on the can designs. MIN JID Sprite - It's Real Sprite MY ROLE: Creative / Art Direction / Design / Illustration
+ View all
Senior Art DirectorOgilvy & Mather
- Dubai, United Arab EmiratesFreelance
Started as a mid-weight art director in 2015 got promoted as a Senior Art Director in November 2017. Worked for Dubai based and regional clients from Memac Ogilvy and Mather in the Middle East and North Africa, such as: IKEA, Volkswagen, Coca-Cola, Vodafone, Burger King, Lenovo, Nestlé and many others; - Won clients such Nestlé Middle East, IKEA UAE, What 3 Words and many others; - Creatively came up and worked on Ogilvy‘s award winning campaign for Nestlé Middle East, Tummyfish application in 2016, - Worked with the team behind the award winning campaign, Potatoes on Mars, as an art director and designer in 2016, - Led a regional children"s fashion brand client, Babyshop, as their Head of Art for a year in 2017, - In the regions Top 20 Best Art Directors of 2017.
Art DirectorOgilvy & Mather
- Doha, QatarFull Time
Worked for: Volkswagen, OMO and many local clients, - Won several pitches for the agency that brought in new local clients, - Understood the region and how they work.
+ Show more
- Art Directing
- Advertising Concepts
- APP UI
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Indesign
Bronze / Integrated / Craft StorytellingDubai Lynx- Tummyfish / Bronze / Integrated / Craft Storytelling - Client: Nestlé - Agency: Memac Ogilvy & Mather
+ Show more