"To do work you love and feel that it matters; how could anything be more fun?" - Katherine Graham Hello! I'm a content creator and creative strategist with a special focus on technology and Industry 4.0. I believe in technology for a better world 🌍. My introduction to tech began when I was a journalist in Silicon Valley, writing about innovation, research and development and new product design. I was also co-owner of a branding consultancy. I moved to Europe with Apple Computer and have lived here for almost 20 years. I've worked in-house at agencies (EuroRSCG/Havas and Rumeur Publique) and as an independent contractor with industry leaders such as Novartis, Unilever and Danone. I’m happiest as an entrepreneur and have a special love for fast-growth startups, helping them to succeed with messaging, power pitches and distinguishing their brand. I'm a member of the advisory board of WeCashUp, a dynamic fintech startup. Client references include: Novartis / Danone - Nutricia Medical Nutrition / IBM developerWorks / SABIC / adidas / Unilever (Agency: Ogilvy One) / UNESCO / L'Oréal Foundation for Women in Science / City of Dubai Department of Economic Development (Agency: Design Angel) / Pierre & Vacances / ESSEC (MBA workshop instructor) / Nestlé. Based in France, I'm a registered business owner and work as an independent consultant with companies and agencies worldwide (Americas, EMEA, MENA). I have dual citizenship with Ireland and the U.S.
- "Recipe" (product document) for the IBM developerWorks web siteIQP Corporation was an early pioneer in the Internet of Things and developed a code-free application development platform. I worked with the founders to build the IQP brand to a successful merger and acquisition with GE Digital (GE) in 2017. This was a paid contract and equity position. My role included creating company sales and technical materials. This writing sample provided a general overview of the IQP platform and was one of a series of postings (in IBM-speak, "Recipes") that I did on IB
- SEO Parker PensParker pens and pencils: maker of fine writing instruments (pens, handcrafted, pen maker, pen specialist, style, Parker) Leading manufacturer of handcrafted pens and pencils. A renowned pen specialist since 1888, Parker pens reflect innovation and style. Parker pen are made with the finest materials and ultra-modern technologies to ensure exceptional quality. Suited for all budgets and tastes – and all occasions. Duofold True Blue: luxury and classic Parker Special Edition pen (art deco pen, e
- Supporting innovationI'm a member of the advisory board of INFINITY SPACE in Marseille, France. This dynamic fintech startup has developed WeCashUp, a B2B Universal Payment Gateway that provides access to 54+ Emerging Countries, 155 local alternative Payment channels & 1 Billion+ potential buyers through a single API integration. WeCashUp is now ranked as Number 1 FinTech Startup in France.
- Danone VIEW newsletter on medical nutritionNutricia is a division of the Danone group that specializes in therapeutic food and clinical nutrition. My role was to interview Nutricia's food scientists, external academics and medical experts. I wrote articles that explained the medical research behind the products. The content was aimed at doctors and health professionals. My value-add: interviewing skills / understanding complex information and creating easy to read, engaging articles / a complex project was successfully outsourced.
- Series of advertorials for Knorr sauces, spices and soups (Unilever)Main headline: A Feast for the Senses! Subhead: Secret ingredients for a great meal… What does it take to be a good cook? Lots and lots of time? Absolutely not! If you enjoy preparing and eating good food, you already have the 'secret ingredients' of world-famous chefs – smell, taste and an eye for detail. Add a pinch of spices or a taste-tempting sauce, and watch an ordinary meal become a celebration of the senses! Delectable scent-sations The aroma of herbs and spices activates our emoti
+ View all
Copywriter | Content StrategistPatricia Philbin
I provide content strategy and copywriting services as an independent contractor/freelance consultant. My client references include Intel, Novartis, Sephora, EADS, Danone, SABIC, HP, Unilever, UNESCO/ L'Oréal Foundation for Women in Science and the Pasteur Institute. I am also an experienced community manager on LinkedIn and create content for company pages and manage social media profiles for executives.
Brand Strategy ConsultantIQP Corporation
- Palo Alto, United StatesFull Time
IQP Corporation was an early pioneer in the Internet of Things and developed a code-free application development platform. I worked with the founders to build the IQP brand to a successful M&A with GE Digital (GE) in 2017. My hands-on role included social media campaigns, outreach to industry analysts and journalists, coordinating product announcements and trade show participation. This was a paid contract and equity position.
+ Show more
- Content Advisor
- Editing Copy
- Creative Concept
- Editorial Content
- Social Copywriting
- Brand Building