I have an extensive background in lifestyle journalism and publishing, specialising in urban travel and design. My roles have included writing, editing, commissioning and project leadership. I have worked as a creative director for digital content, and on art and design projects focused on sustainability and ethical issues. From 2006 to 2014, I edited Wallpaper* magazine's City Guide series, an acclaimed design-led tour of the globe published by Phaidon. I wrote the debut Reykjavík and 2015 London titles. Food Illustrated, Time Out and Vogue are a few of the other publications I have worked on in. Over in New York, I edited the design magazine Space for British publisher John Brown. Between 2015 and 2016, I was Associate Director for Soho design gallery 19 greek street, where I managed the gallery's exhibition programme and events business, and co-curated two exhibitions for London Design Festival. In 2015, I also co-founded the travel site SideStory, now owned by Mr & Mrs Smith, which offers urban cultural experiences led by creative influencers. From 2017 to 2020, I was Special Projects and Research Assistant to Sir John Sorrell CBE, whose roles include President of London Design Biennale and Chairman of London Design Festival. I am currently working as a freelance editor and curator.
- Bonhams x National Saturday ClubThe National Saturday Club offers 13–16 year olds across the UK the opportunity to study creative subjects that inspire them at their local university, college or cultural institution, for free, every Saturday morning. In 2019, while working as Special Projects Assistant to John Sorrell, co-founder with Frances Sorrell of the National Saturday Club, I managed the delivery of a charity auction hosted by Bonhams, London, to raise funds for the ongoing development of the Club's national network and
- SideStoryNow owned and managed by Mr & Mrs Smith, SideStory was co-founded in 2015 by me, Giovanni Donaldson, former Corporate Development Director at Virgin, and Gord Ray, former publisher of Wallpaper*. The idea was to create a new kind of travel experience, offering travellers, and locals, an insider’s take on a particularly vibrant aspect of London’s creative scene and culture. We invited fashion stylists, photographers, interior designers, street artists, art critics, and food and drink experts to h
- Wallpaper*Since 2005, my contributions to Wallpaper* have included copy editing The Style Files, nominations for the annual Design Awards and first Handmade exhibition in 2010; hotel and restaurant reviews; coverage of a Donald Judd show at London's David Zwirner gallery, and most recently a profile of seminal choreographer William Forsythe for the October 2019 issue guest-edited by Hussein Chalayan and Jenny Holzer.
- The Art of ProgressSoho design gallery 19 greek street was launched in 2012 by Marc Péridis, with the aim of shedding light on product designers using innovative, experimental and sustainable processes and materials in their work. Few others were focusing on this area in the same concentrated way as Marc at the time, or taking a more holistic view of the relationship between design and the spaces we inhabit and create. I joined 19 greek street as Associate Director in 2015, co-curating with Marc the 'ethical lifes
- London Design Biennale 2018As Special Projects Assistant to the Biennale’s Co-founder and President, Sir John Sorrell CBE, I engaged in various activities for the 2018 event. These included liaising with and co-ordinating the visit of the Biennale’s International Advisory Committee and Jury; drafting key correspondence and briefings; editing presentation documents and exhibition content; and overseeing the design process for the Biennale medals awarded as part of the event. I organised a London Design Biennale reception h
+ View all
Projects credited in
- London Design Biennale 2018The theme, Emotional States, inspired a diverse, global commentary on our emotionally turbulent times. At Somerset House, 40 countries, cities and territories presented installations that were curated by some of the most distinguished museums and design institutions in the world.