As the founder of Type Tasting I explore culture and the senses through typography. I'm an author, public speaker and I create immersive, innovative and interactive events for organisations over Zoom or in-person. These are packed with multisensory demonstrations, activities, humour and a dash of theatre. *** Professional development Go from font faux pas to font-confident https://www.typetasting.com/professional-development (Taking bookings for interactive online events from Sept 2021 onwards) Patreon Join the Type Tasting Curiosity Club and support my book writing https://www.patreon.com/SarahHyndman *** “This session is fantastic!”, “Sarah is such a great presenter”, “I love Sarah's humour”, “Sarah had such a good command of the remote audience”, “What an amazing presenter”. Feedback for Secret Personalities of Fonts session with law firm Mishcon de Reya “Such a fun, interesting and inspiring workshop with clear and empowering takeaways. It reinforced the importance of coherent presentation of our brand for colleagues from all parts of our company, in all types of roles.” Nicky Borowiec, Springer Nature “I loved the event. I know we are trying to make do with the pandemic situation, but I truly feel like this event was even more impactful and inspirational with this format than being with a bunch of people in an auditorium. Sarah was amazing.” Collaborative workshop with Monotype. *** Twitter: @SarahHyndman / @TypeTasting Instagram @TypeTasting
- Event: Live at the London Transport MuseumI’m delighted that live, in-person events are happening again. I’ve really missed the energy, banter and random conversations. I’m taking bookings now for 2022, which looks like it’s going to be a busy year. Would you like me to create an event or talk for your organisation? Meanwhile, join me tonight at the London Transport Museum for a fun-filled event as part of their After Dark series. Friday 12th November Fontastical Games London Transport Museum 6.30–9pm, £10/£12 https://typetastingnews
- “Fictional exhibition about fonts • Visual identity”It’s one of my dreams to create a whole immersive, interactive and multisensory exhibition about fonts, so it was exiting to discover Deborah Habensur’s “Fictional exhibition about fonts • Visual identity” for an exhibition inspired by my book posted on her Instagram @deborahabensurdesign. I’ve already created interactive installations like the immersive font booth at Adobe MAX in Los Angeles, the multisensory and interactive jellybean tasting experiment at Trapholt and the font diagnosis inter
+ View all
Projects credited in
- TBD Q3 Meetup - 'Hybrid' (Economist, Accenture and a very special live experience)As always you know who's speaking...but not what about! That's the joy of TBD. You come along for a ride. Each speaker is handpicked and each is saying new stuff you haven't seen/heard anywhere else before. We let them off the leash... TICKETS: https://www.universe.com/events/tbd-conference-q3-meetup-hybrid-in-person-virtual-tickets-london-DK295F The last meetup saw us explore 'Future Spaces' (literally!) thanks to Skittish's Andy Baio, a bevy of strategic advice from IDEO's MD, Emilie Colker
- How do you promote an event beyond your regular audience?For next week’s Typography Pub Quiz on Zoom I’m including guest rounds from people and organisations I’ve collaborated with previously. The range of questions will be very entertaining. I’m enjoying creating a post for each guest, what do you think? Please spread the word! And please join me on Tues Mar 1st at 7pm GMT. Just £6 and you’re helping to support me as I write my next book. Grab your ticket here https://www.typetasting.com/typography-pub-quiz
- Typography Pub Quiz (Zoom)Are you a font of knowledge or a curious type? Typography Pub Quiz (Zoom) Hosted by Sarah Hyndman Tuesday 1st March 7pm to 8.30pm GMT £6 per person (includes booking fee) Book here https://billetto.co.uk/e/typography-pub-quiz-zoom-tickets-603941 Find out more https://www.typetasting.com/typography-pub-quiz This quiz is for the fun of joining in. There will be virtual not-NFT items for you to swap in return for the points you’ve scored: vintage crisps, cockles & whelks, meat raffle prize, lost
- Open Studios, Secret Santa gifts and typographic Christmas jumpersThe most uttered phrase I’ve heard around me this week has been “I don’t know where to start”. All the artists in the studios around me have been preparing for our in-person Winter Open Studios tomorrow. It’s always so magical to see how the studios get transformed from working spaces into showcases for our work.
- Typographic snog, marry, avoid with Sarah HyndmanI had a great time chatting to Olivia and Micah from The League of Moveable Type on their podcast this week. From semiotics and type trends to “snog, marry, avoid”. I hope you enjoy listening (we could have talked for hours). https://www.theleagueofmoveabletype.com/podcast Apple https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-weekly-typographic/id1311275904 Google https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9waW5lY2FzdC5jb20vZmVlZC90aGVsZWFndWVvZg Spotify https://open.spotify.com/show/34v0QRaJ9S4CmA
+ Show more
London, United KingdomFreelance
I make typography accessible and exciting for a mainstream audience. Published titles: 'Why Fonts Matter' (Penguin/Random House, 2016), 'How to Draw Type and Influence People' (Laurence King, 2017) and 'What's Your Type?' The type dating card game (Laurence King, 2019). I've just set up a new publishing initiative, you can find out about and buy the new books at https://www.typetasting.com/books.
London, United KingdomFreelance
Type Tasting was founded by Sarah Hyndman in 2013 as part of her mission to change the way we talk and think about typography by exploring it from the type consumer's point of view. Type Tastings are multisensory installations, immersive events, innovative workshops and fun talks with lashings of audience participation. Sarah challenges your assumptions and encourages you to think differently about the experience of typography. She shows that typography is the language of consumer culture and that it documents the history of changing social attitudes.
+ Show more
- Graphic Design
- Workshop Facilitation
- Client Engagement
- Team Building
- Creative Events
- Public Speaking
- Public Engagement
- Installation Art