A highly conceptual, multi-skilled and extremely motivated Creative Director with solid creative, art direction, design and branding background in luxury, fashion, retail, music and youth sectors having worked at some of the biggest, most exciting and respected brands and agencies in the world. With over 20 years experience in advertising and design, my skill set and experiences are broad. Starting out in youth and music (MTV, Virgin, Parlophone, EMI, Ministry of Sound, Nike) moving towards luxury and premium brands (Selfridges, Hugo Boss, Lacoste, Coty Fragrances, Häagen-Dazs, Gucci, Watches of Switzerland). I have worked both client-side and agency-side for huge brands and small studios as an art director, design director, head of design, head of art and now Creative Director. I work strategically in an integrated way across all platforms from traditional print / TV through to social, content and experiential. I work across the board from concept through to production. Brands I have worked in-house at: Selfridges, Ministry of Sound, EMI, Parlophone & Virgin Records. Brands I have worked agency-side with: Hugo Boss, Gucci, Lacoste, Coty fragrances, Häagen-Dazs, Converse, Nike, P&G Lifestyle and Prestige Fragrances, Watches of Switzerland, Cazenove + Loyd, Gillette, MTV, Mexx, Marie Claire, Harrods, Reebok. I believe in working collaboratively, uniting the diversity of talent and knowledge within a team to create work that is brave, effective, disruptive, beautiful and different. The work we create is a collaboration between the team, the client and myself. We all play vital roles in creating exciting work and we all share the success at the end. No egos, just focused, excited individuals working hard together to create great things. Collaboration ensures the work isn't limited to my abilities. It ensures results that aren't expected and can't be predicted. This is what I work for, it's what keeps me up at night and wakes me up in the morning.
- Lacoste L.12.12 ChristmasThe Brief Lacoste fragrances wanted a quirky yet stylish festive campaign to bring their products front of mind during the busy gifting periodleading up to Christmas. Their previous campaign of 2015 was set in the Alps and they wanted to retain this as an ongoing theme. The idea need to work across print, TV and a digital game on social media. The Solution I was inspired by the tactile, hand-made aesthetic of paper artist Hattie Stewart and how her work could bring to life the snowy mount
- Watches of SwitzerlandWatches of Switzerland built the ultimate destination for luxury watches; 155 Regent Street. In June 2014, we had to launch it in a way nobody in the luxury watch market could miss. The Brief Creative that will launch the flagship store, build brand character and disrupt the category. The Solution Attracted to the new store, magpies descend on West London hoping to grab themselves some shiny objects. Renowned for coveting beautiful objects, the magpie became an icon for the brand appearing throughout their communications. They gave the brand personality and a role as a collector of the finest pieces. The creative went against all category conventions and gained worldwide press. The Credits CD X Michael Jacovides. AD X Camille Caie. CW X Rupert Murphy. Photography X Erik Madigan Heck. Windows/Instore X Makerie Studio. My role X Creative Key skills X Campaign idea (Magpie)
- Hugo by Hugo BossThe Brief Get 20-30 year old men and women who currently wear fragrance occasionally to Make fragrances a more regular part of their morning routine by showing them how HUGO can give them a fresh boost of confidence every day. Insight You put a fragrance on when you want something to go well. It’s a moment that sets the tone for the day ahead and an action that signifies you’re ready to go forth into the world. Which is exactly how our audience find themselves. They are living in a time of
- Hugo Boss Urban JourneyThe 2017 Hugo Boss 'YOUR TIME IS NOW' campaign was re-energised for 2018 to launch the new variant 'Urban Journey', working alongside the existing creative and continuing the recruitment drive . Still life Photography X Florian Joye. Film Director X Mollie Mills. Creatives x Nathan Holley & Joseph Arnold. Creative Direction X Alan aboud. Design X Rhona Hayes. My Role X Original Campaign Concept and overall Art Direction Key Skills X Campaign Concept / Art Direction
- 007 Fragrances — Seven007 Fragrances were releasing a new premium product to add prestige to the fragrance house. The Brief A long idea that will launch the new positioning and capture the essence of James Bond in a premium way. The Solution The diagonal facet of the fragrance bottle perfectly denotes the duality of James Bond. Dangerous yet sophisticated. It’s this duality that we amplified. Everything represents an equal measure of danger and sophistication including the imagery shot by Mario Godlewski which i
- Cazenove + Loyd CampaignThe travel agent for people who don't use travel agents. Cazenove+Loyd create truly unique, one off experiences, bespoke to their customers needs and requirements. The Brief Create original advertising creative for their 20th anniversary to set them apart in the sector and communicate the uniqueness of their business.. The solution Inspire people to dream up their own experiences by showing them fantastical images of what is possible (based on true experiences they have provided). The images were shot through a fashion lens, adding a level of premium luxury their consumers come to expect. The Credits Photography X Alexa Singer. Design X Jay Shipley. My role X Associate Creative Director Key skills X Idea / Creative Direction / Art Direction / Design / Copy Writing
+ View all
Creative DirectorGrey London
London, United KingdomFull Time
Following huge successes on the 007 fragrances accounts and in recognition of my vast development whilst at Grey, I was made Creative Director on Coty Lifestyle Fragrances. I lead, direct and manage creative teams, visualisers and designers on the 007 & Bruno Banani accounts. I still work as a hands on creative also. From briefings through to the final solution, I push for the highest standards in creative and craft. I'm heavily involved in production and post production for film, animation and photography. I manage the creative process, sell in the work and collaborate with the client and licensors to achieve creative goals. I oversee all creative and art direction on set at photoshoots and film shoots, always nurturing younger creatives.
Working as a Senior Creative on the P&G Global Prestige and Lifestyle fragrance brands — Hugo Boss, Gucci, Lacoste, Mexx and 007. I also worked on other luxury brands within the agency, from Watches of Switzerland, Haägen-Dazs, Gillette & Emirates. Working in a core specialised department, I collaborated across the board bringing unconventional thinking, breaking category conventions, creating hugely successful results. Each project allowed me to collaborate with, and direct ,other creatives and designers alike. Here I got the chance to work with Michael Jacovides (Global CD), Ben Clapp (ECD), Nils Leonard (CCO), Cathy Hutton (CD) & Alan Aboud (ECD), all of which have influenced me and taught me a more than I tho0ught possible.
+ Show more
- Creative Direciton
- Art Directing
- Art Direction/copywriting/creative/digital/build/campaigns
- Design/art Direction/creative/concepts/idea
- Concepts/conceptual/art Direction/creative
- Art and Creative Direction