A highly creative junior designer with a passion for meaningful projects designed with purpose and with the objective of educating the audience, inspiring changes and promoting healthy behaviours. With a background in painting and illustration, now graduated in Graphic Branding and Identity at the University of the Arts London. Experienced in working on projects from start to finish, generating concepts, copywriting, brand identities, campaign and with the interest of improving animations skills. High-spirited, organized, and self-motivated with the interest of working alongside like-minded and inspiring people, growing as a designer and pushing creative limits.
- BLOODYENDITBRIEF: 1 in 10 women and girls in the UK cannot afford sanitary products. How can we raise awareness on this issue? CONCEPT: The campaign aims to raise awareness as well as calling to action those in charge (and with the power) of improving society, by making the law. Menstrual products should not be a luxury but rather a right for everyone. Through the campaign is also highlighted how unfair is making luxury something needed for hygiene and health.
- FIE [Branding]BRIEF: Foundation of International Education is a program which allows American students to have a transformative study abroad experience in UK and Ireland CONCEPT: I decided to work on the concept that FIE is like a bridge between cultures, where right in the middle the magic happens. At FIE growth and experimentation is at the core. Step beyond the known, explore and expand your thinking is the message to the students.
- ENVIVO- Brand designBRIEF: Envivo is an overarching group brand for a range of individual organisations that want to change the way people with complex needs are supported. Envivo's goal is to bring together complex care organisation around the UK, in order to share expertise and work together to drive transformational care, and enable lives full of choices and opportunities for the people they support. CONCEPT: What I decided to focus on was the idea of community, the strength of working together, as well as the
- BUD- A campaign and a program designed to support work-life balanceBRIEF: Designers spend their lives solving other people’s issues. What about when they encounter difficulties, how supported they feel to be? CONCEPT: According to the statements given, the design industry still lacks attention to work-life balance. I wanted to promote the importance of it, helping employers to support it.
- PERFECTION IS OVERRATED- A campaign and events designed to tackle food wasteBRIEF: Aiming to tackle food waste, I focused on one of the reasons for which people through away edible food: its imperfections CONCEPT: Inspired by the relation people tend to have with their looking as we live in a society where perfection is constantly promoted - also food has to be perfect to become an object of desire, although this cause unnecessary waste.
+ View all
graphic designSpencer duBois
- London, United KingdomInternship
The graphic design internship was focused on logo design and brand identity for companies in the non-profit sector. A valuable experience that allowed me to test my design skills and learn how to approach projects in a professional environment. Unfortunately interrupted by the Covid-19 pandemic, however, it was a challenging and fulfilling experience.
Logo Designer, Brand DesignerSouthwark Food Action Alliance
- London, United KingdomFreelance
Part of the University program was working alongside a company. Southwark Food Action Alliance is a collective of charities, businesses etc. that help to increase food security and food equality for Southwark residents. I created a logo and brand identity that was selected by SFAA to become their new identity. (https://www.southwarkfoodactionalliance.co.uk)
- Branding Design
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Creative Branding
- Childrens Illustration
BA Graphic Branding and IdentityUniversity of The Arts London (UAL)
- Elephant and Castle, London, UK
Graduated in (BA) Graphic Branding & Identity. The focus of the course was to explore branding in its broader forms. From the importance of storytelling, the basic of design thinking, the ability to generate concepts through brainstorming and qualitative/quantitative research, University was a fulfilling experience through which I developed a thinking outside the box mentality.
IllustrationInternational School Of Comics (Italy)
- Reggio Emilia, Italy
Qualified at the Digital and Figurative Art Academy in Children’s book illustration. Over the course, I have developed storytelling skills as well as a hand-drawing and painting style.
VIRTUOUSYCLE- An app to fight fast fashion and avoidable wasteCreative ConscienceSilver award won in the category Fashion and Textile, with an app prototype, strategy and campaign. The app named, Virtuousycle, aimed to tackle fast fashion by changing consumers behaviour through the promotion of a mending door to door service to encourage people to fix their clothing, rather then throwing them away and buy new items. Project on the website: https://valentinademar.com/virtuousycle