Organised by Create Jobs
Applications are open from Wed 2 Dec - Mon 18 Jan
Visit our website to find out more
A six-week, multidisciplinary, content creation course for young creatives to gain and develop skills in digital storytelling & production
We’ve joined forces with industry leaders to co-design a course which will give you a comprehensive overview of the different job roles available to go into in the multiplatform spaces showcasing audiovisual & digital content. With instant access to the industry, you’ll learn about how to make compelling, authentic content from the people who create it.
From audio production for podcasts, through short and long-form documentary making, video direction, production, and editing, this taster course introduces you to multiple roles, storytelling approaches, and opportunities. We will lift the lid on a cross-section of creative content creation in order to provide you with the broadest outlook and variety of skills that a fast-changing industry is currently in need of.
This course is not about specialising in any one thing, it’s about sampling different roles & developing several skills in order to build your ability to be multi-skilled & adaptable, to join the content dots and carve out a newly defined career.
ABOUT THE COURSE
The course is delivered online, 5 days a week, Mon-Fri.
This includes industry talks, development workshops, careers advice and guidance, individual support, peer networking and self-study.
The core elements of this course will cover:
- Hear and learn from the best content creators in the business working across film, sound design, short and long-form documentary content, commercials, social media & beyond
- Practice the art of storytelling across a variety of platforms using different formats
- Gain industry experience using software such as Premiere Pro & Adobe Audition
- Learn how to write compelling copy
- Build your ability to collaborate creatively both remotely and in-person when permitted
- Develop your own creative identity & style
- Pitch your treatment to industry
- Receive support to put your idea into production
As well as access to the course content, our aim is to place every person who goes through this programme into paid work or further training.
You’ll also get access to:
- Free, industry standard training from top employers
- Connections to live job roles
- Weekly employment workshops to improve your applications and interviews
- Individual and group wellbeing support
- A network of young creatives
- Ongoing alumni support, access to events and networking opportunities
- A MacBook Pro and Adobe Software
We don’t mind about qualifications or past paid experience; our only requirements are:
- You must be 18-24 years-old
- You must be from a London borough
- You must not be in full-time employment, education or training
- You must commit to the programme and be free weekdays during the programme (Mon 8 Feb till Fri 19 March)
- You must be free for a selection day on 26, 27, 28 January
Other than that, we want to see your passion and interest in the industry as well as a creative can-do attitude and desire to learn. Find out more about our ideal applicant here.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this programme, you need to fill out the application form by 10am Mon18 January 2020
Find the application form on our website
We encourage applications from people who are currently under-represented in the digital and creative sector. This includes women, people who are Black, Asian or Minority Ethnic, D/deaf, Disabled and Neurodivergent people, people from the LGBTQ+ community, as well people from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
We also welcome applicants from a range of educational backgrounds and therefore do not require any formal qualification to apply.
Important info If your application is successful, you’ll need to be available for an online group selection day on either 26, 27, 28 January where you'll take part in a collaborative group task and meet the Create Jobs team.
Please note that we are unable to offer alternative group selection dates and if you are unable to attend the selection day, we will not be able to process your application further.
You must be free to take part in the programme full time between Mon 8 Feb till Fri 19 March
Access and additional support It is important to us that our programmes are accessible. Please let us know if you would like to submit your application in a different format by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have access requirements for either the selection process or the programme itself, please include this in your application or contact us before the deadline.
Find out more about access requirements and adjustments here.
Want some help with your application?
Attend one of our info sessions.
Find out more here.