Trying to break into the competitive world of Graphic Design?
At The Dots we’re passionate about connecting brilliant creatives to commercial opportunities. We’re now taking what we do online - offline, with the inception of The Dots Portfolio Masterclass Safari in partnership with Shillington College.
The next stop on The Dots Safari takes us to Pentagram for a Portfolio Masterclass focused on the Graphic Design industry, Tue 26th May.
We’re proud to say we’re supporting ‘Do The Green Thing’, an environmental charity co-founded by Pentagram Partner, Naresh Ramchandani. As part of the application process we’re setting you a brief to create a poster for Do The Green Thing. Just like iconic Artists and Designers David Shrigley, Rankin and Sir Paul Smith, use your creativity to combat climate change.
For the brief please contact coordinator (at) the-dots.co.uk
NOTE: It is essential that you complete this brief in order to be considered for this Portfolio Masterclass. Your application will be judged on your portfolio of work on The Dots & your poster submission.
This Masterclass is a unique opportunity to get your portfolio reviewed by an impressive selection of creative industry leaders. Mentors will be announced shortly, watch this space!
The industry mentors will help select the top 40 applicants to join the Masterclass from the candidates who apply to this opportunity. Your profile on The Dots will be used as your application, so make sure it’s up-to-date with your best work!
If you’re selected to join the event, you’ll be given a single-use ticket code to secure your spot on the Masterclass. Event tickets are £15. (You will not be charged to apply for this event).
1. Complete ‘Do The Green Thing’ brief & add to your profile on The Dots: A key part of the application process is to complete the poster brief set by Pentagram & Do The Green Thing. Contact coordinator (at) the-dots.co.uk for the full brief.
2. Build Your Profile: Your profile on The Dots will be used as your application for the Portfolio Masterclass, so make sure it includes your submission to the brief and is brimming with your best content.
3. Apply by Wed 20th May, 11:00pm. Attach your poster submission to your application email: Once you’re happy with your brief and profile, simply hit ‘apply’. Attach your poster submission and feel free to add a super short message if you like. Make sure to keep the event date free!
N.B. We’ll be able to see your profile on The Dots from your application, so you don’t need to send anything else.
4. Shortlisting Process: Applications are open until 20/05/15. Masterclass Mentors will help select the top 40 attendees for the workshop event.
5. Successful Applicants Contacted: From 21/05/15 we’ll let you know whether you’ve nabbed yourself a spot at the upcoming Portfolio Masterclass! You’ll then receive a single-use ticket code to reserve your spot – tickets will cost £15. (Keep Wed 20th May free)!
Event, 6.20pm Tue May 26th: Successful applicants will get their portfolio reviewed from 6.20pm-9pm on Tuesday 26th May at Pentagram, London.
The Dots Portfolio Masterclass Safari is in partnership with Shillington, a design college with a difference.
The event is supported by Nimbus Hosting.