Hi, I’m LUKE. I’m a freelance Graphic Designer based in London & working under a studio name Melon Modern, bringing projects & concepts to FRUITion! That’s why its named after a fruit. CV/Portfolio: http://melonmodern.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Luke-Freeman-Melon-Modern-Portfolio-2019-Low-Res.pdf firstname.lastname@example.org
- adidasMelon Modern was tasked to create a pitch campaign for adidas NMD_ new release 2017. Our approach was to create a bespoke typeface while overall concept had to maintaining brand guidelines. Concept was to create a typeface based on the fabric of the NMD_ shoe that could change it’s appearance to correlate with each individual shoe. This was then later incorporated within the editorial display headlines for print and web. We set up a square grid ratio which would be the grid to creating a modular
- Ian Parry ScholarshipCommissioned as a graphic designer to work along side a team to design and curate Ian Parry Scholarship 2018 (World As Image) public exhibition. Melon Modern was also brought in to help rebrand a new identity and brand system. The Ian Parry Scholarship public exhibition is concept is to feature photography from young photogrpahers that document journalism or highlight issues around the world. This years (2018) was held on the River Thames.
- SONY Make.BelieveBold dynamic campaign design for SONY in the US, for an advertising agency, tasked to focus on core words of SONY's brand to describe their headphones. Concept was to incorporating bold colourful typography that was bespoke, which was then paired a line effect to gesture the sound waves of sound.
+ Show more
Projects credited in
- Smash AppSmash is on a mission to help young people eat good food, save money and lead healthier lives. For this campaign we needed to raise awareness of the app amongst the target demographic, we created a campaign that helped build their brand persona and aesthetic. The outcome was a hashtag with an in-built CTA and a suite of assets for a bold social-first campaign that felt rebellious and built hype around a relatively new app and concept.
Graphic DesignerMelon Modern
London, United KingdomFreelance
Currently designing under a studio name, scoping on a diverse range of projects to build a tangible portfolio. Collaborating with clients and creative agencies, creating visuals for projects and campaigns. While also being a ghost designer for designers.
Digital Design/Motion Graphics Mid WeightMother London
- London, United KingdomFull Time
My role was to collaborate with animators, editors and creatives to produce work for live campaigns. My work varied from 3D and 2D animation, whilst being responsible to create digital design work that followed the creatives concepts, whilst following brand guidelines.
+ Show more
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Adobe Photoshop
- Abobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe After Effects
- Font Design
- Handmade Design