Hi, I’m LUKE. I’m a freelance Graphic Designer based in London & working under a studio name Melon Modern, bringing projects & concepts to FRUITion! That’s why its named after a fruit. CV/Portfolio: http://melonmodern.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Luke-Freeman-Melon-Modern-Portfolio-2019-Low-Res.pdf firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mother London x KFC (Sharing Campaign)Mother London briefed me to design KFC sharing meals into a campaign for social and digital out of home. As this was a commercial campaign all assists had to be bespoke. The direction was explore poster tears, collage, the tears was used to reveal campaign copy. To support the campaign, I created handmade collages using KFC images. In the process I photographed and scanned textures (tears), spray paint, marker pen textures and drawing out type with markers, making stencils. Out of this 3 colla
- Saint Ogun RUMDuring lockdown of 2020 a rum company was being developed Saint Ogun, in the shadows of of various agencies without their acknowledgement of doing so. Saint Ogun is a rum brand that was created by Nic & Rico. The brief was clear they wanted a Rum brand that had the spirt of true cultural identity without the cliché “pirate look and feel”. Art Direction for the label design featured artwork from Simphiwe Ndzube, part of the brief was to deconstruct and collage the artwork into a narrative that
- Appliquér SPFAppliquér is an SPF created as a pseudo branding as content for a website template design. The project was to create a website template that would be rolled out as a web creation platform. To support this meant a pseudo brand had to be created with a clear visual narrative, to support the website template . Appliquér means in French to “apply”, as Appliquér would be an SPF moisturiser something you would apply to skin. The concept came from the gestures of hand movement of applying moisturise
- adidasMelon Modern was tasked to create a pitch campaign for adidas NMD_ new release 2017. Our approach was to create a bespoke typeface while overall concept had to maintaining brand guidelines. Concept was to create a typeface based on the fabric of the NMD_ shoe that could change it’s appearance to correlate with each individual shoe. This was then later incorporated within the editorial display headlines for print and web. We set up a square grid ratio which would be the grid to creating a modular
- PUMAWorking alongside ad agency in New York, Melon Modern tasked to come up with concepts for a pitch campaign to promote PUMA's football boots during the World Cup 2018. The campaign was going to be featured across a wide range of social and advertising environments. Approach was influenced on modern editorial design and uses various disciplines, 3D, typographical design, layout design and animation. The designs concept was to work as a triptych, whilst the visual aspects took inspiration from
- SONY Make.BelieveBold dynamic campaign design for SONY in the US, for an advertising agency, tasked to focus on core words of SONY's brand to describe their headphones. Concept was to incorporating bold colourful typography that was bespoke, which was then paired a line effect to gesture the sound waves of sound.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Smash AppSmash is on a mission to help young people eat good food, save money and lead healthier lives. For this campaign we needed to raise awareness of the app amongst the target demographic, we created a campaign that helped build their brand persona and aesthetic. The outcome was a hashtag with an in-built CTA and a suite of assets for a bold social-first campaign that felt rebellious and built hype around a relatively new app and concept.
Graphic DesignerMelon Modern
London, United KingdomFreelance
Currently designing under a studio name, scoping on a diverse range of projects to build a tangible portfolio. Collaborating with clients and creative agencies, creating visuals for projects and campaigns. While also being a ghost designer for designers.
DesignerPABLO - Advertising Agency
- London, United KingdomFreelance
Designing with creatives and design team to bring pitch ideas to life. And work on pitch decks for commercial clients such as for the BBC Comic Relief and Icelandair.
+ Show more
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Adobe Photoshop
- Abobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe After Effects
- Font Design
- Handmade Design