Meri works with a range of media that includes graphics, photography, typography and 3D elements, with an ethos of playfulness and a desire to use intuition and experimentation. This process helps translate projects into the realm of the extraordinary, and when applied to commercial clients, it helps them find that edge they need to stand out from the rest. Meri holds BAs in Advertising and Graphic Design, in Spain and the UK respectively. And is currently a MA student at the Royal College of Art.
- BODY MEMORYThis video is a collaboration with Joy Bonfield Colombara who is a goldsmith based in London. The piece was filmed in Kyoto when we were in residency there, and it responds to the ritualistic movements and aesthetics linked to the tea ceremony. It serves as a prologue to Joy's piece Hairburushi which is a surreal object, half paintbrush half keepsake, with a lock of her own hair. It was filmed on a sony alpha 7ii, one light and one black cloth to create the ambiance in November 2018 in Kyoto Ja
- HoH REBRANDI am not, is the rebirth of Shanghai based handbag manufacturer House of Hello. With a strategy that focuses on the spirit of young Chinese wome’s freedom of expression through fashion. I!!! and ‘I am not’ were launched. The identity, comprises the brand’s name translated to morse code, the result is a cryptic logo, with a high fashion appeal. The choice of cobalt blue translates as a daring attitude that connects with the fringes of traditional Chinese culture, since cobalt blue was used in m
- MIND WORLD REBRANDMind World is a corporate events company with offices in London, Brazil, Cape Town, Bangkok and Amsterdam. They came to the Design Laboratory with the challenge of an absolute re-brand that would help them establish themselves as the go to organization, in the minds of businesses that would like to convert their main stakeholders into brand advocates through sponsored activities.
- ZINCZinc are a group of social venture capitalists. Who host open calls for entrepreneurs to respond to a social challenge. Those which result in commercial success, are further invested in, creating solid start ups. Zinc always holds 50% of the company’s stock. Taking cues from their ethos. The identity was designed to represent the company’s structure. 50% of the identity appears as the visible tip of an iceberg that opens a space for new projects to exist in. Coral was chosen as the identity colo
+ View all
Projects credited in
- UNIVERSAL McCANNThis brief was about re-inventing media planning interaction. For years, media planning and media buying were executed in a very dry, painstaking format. The client, Universal McCann commissioned the Design Laboratory to create a tool which invites their client and media planner could work together, fluidly, to achieve better campaigns.The Design Laboratory created both UX and UI elements to achieve a new interaction tool, taking media buying into a new era.
- MIND WORLDMind World is a company specialised in delivering experiences that are remarkable and transformative through events and tourism. To support their growth the Client has commissioned the Design Laboratory to Develop and Design their Full Brand structure and Guidelines throughout all medium from corporate identity right to digital presence. The outcome is the Global Brand that reflects the client’s values and DNA for years to come.
- WARRIOR ADDICTWarrior Addict is a Men’s Yoga and Lifestyle brand, selling urban yoga clothes, mats & bags and yoga accessories, designed with performance, style & sustainability as a focus. The Design Laboratory created and designed the brand identity, fashion collection and its accessories. Our multidisciplinary methodology enabled us to deliver a creatively focused ecosystem in which all elements follow the brand’s core values.3
- SUNGLASS HUTSunglass Hut commissioned the Design Laboratory to create and design a unique, premium macro capsule wardrobe for all of their flagship stores, world-wide. This collection reflects Sunglass Hut’s fashion strategy and will reinforce their brand in store, via their association with the Design Laboratory of Central Saint Martins.1
- ARTSCOMThe year-round short course programme at Central Saint Martins is run buy ARTSCOM - and is hugely diverse. Courses take place in the evenings, over weekends, online, or as week-long or longer intensive courses during Christmas, Easter and the Summer holidays. The diversity of disciplines available is extensive and covers the whole breadth of the creative industry. The Design Laboratory was briefed to design a promotional campaiugn & collateral that highlighted these key points - whilst retaining comprehensive and simple navigation. To strengthen this aesthetic, The Design Laboratory also created a Snapchat Geo-Filter. When students / staff / visitors are in or around the building, they can adopt a semi-transparent gradient filter to personalise their snaps. This hidden easter egg proved to be extremely popular and continues to promote user-led story telling.
- ZINCZinc builds new tech companies that solve the developed world’s toughest social issues. Learning from the successful innovation systems in computer and life sciences, Zinc combines insights from social sciences with top entrepreneurial talent and venture capital to build new, scalable mission-led businesses. The Zinc Programme brings together 50 bright minds for 6 months to find their co-founders and build new commercial businesses from scratch. Each programme has a single mission, to solve a social problem which affects at least 100m people. The Design Laboratory is proud to have been commission to not only partner with Zinc but also create and develop its unique visual identity. Zinc’s branding tell the story of their ethos and strategy which relies on collaboration, and the partnering of expertise. Zinc offers a platform for innovation and change, a platform inviting and supporting collaborators, innovators and pioneers in their field. Confidently standing with 50% opacity, and only showing you the tip of the Iceberg, the Zinc logo engage you to complete the equation and be part of the team as every issues and missions approached by Zinc will require a deeper understanding, a new perspective and methodology to actively reveal the full picture.2
+ Show more
+ Show more
- Print Design
- Book Design
- Conceptual Thinking
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Art Direction