A recent graduate from Falmouth University with an MA in Graphic Design alongside running my own studio. The new plan…avoid feeding the folder of shame with more of the same and source, join or create my own design-led projects, the kind of work that would make your mother proud. Now, where to start…?
- Cycling RevolutionsA project with cycling at its centre and the changes that cycling can bring. It’s not about fitness, fashion or fads but people, their lifestyles, and the causes they believe in. To get the full effect of the difference cycling can really make, you need to feel it; you need to connect; you need stories. The outcome is an exhibition with a focus on change. The show is a series of rooms, each with its own story and a means for visitors to connect to those stories and take them home.
- Oppo: Emergency Services Self-Help AppWinner: Creative Conscience 2020 Award We looked into the issues faced by our emergency services, our initial focus is the police service in particular. We found that “leaflets get binned”, and “emails just wind you up”, and raising public awareness of police mental health could create targeting in some situations.
- Public OpinionEveryone says they love the town of Shrewsbury, we wanted to find out how true it was, just curious. So we surveyed it for opinions about the place, just asking two simple questions: What's the one good thing about the town? What's the one bad thing about the town? We wanted people to be curious too.
- Shrewsbury Design FestivalInsight: There are artists communities in a lot of the different areas in and around the town but no specific design community; nothing to bring web, film or graphic designers together. Perhaps there’s a feeling of community between artists due to shared workspaces and permanent places to exhibit? Some of these groups have open studios or arts-week events, the larger venues offer spaces to host workshops, life drawing classes and craft fairs. A community between designers would bring more colla
- Photobook: J. Batey | Violin MakerI was invited to take photographs of the stacks of cases, racks of instruments, tools and magazines, so long as I didn't interrupt . Julian served his apprenticeship in Washington with Barry Oliver, a graduate of the Cremona School of Violinmaking. After working with Rafael Carrabba in Seattle, he returned to work with his father in North Shropshire, an internationally renowned expert & dealer. The book titled "J. Batey | Violin Maker" captures the atmosphere of the workshop, filled with case
+ View all
+ Show more
- Graphic Design
- Abobe Creative Suite
- Logo Design
- Web Design
- Print Design
- Brand Agency
MA in Graphic DesignFalmouth College of Arts
- Falmouth, United Kingdom
MA Graphic Design with the new Falmouth Flexible platform.
+ Show more
Creativepool Annual 2021Creativepool AwardsFeatured in the 2021 Creativepool Annual with a Bronze award for my book that documents a day inside the Market Hall building in Shrewsbury: https://the-dots.com/projects/shrewsbury-market-hall-a-day-in-the-life-470503
Creativepool Annual 2021Creativepool AwardsFeatured in the 2021 Creativepool Annual with a Silver award for our self-help/wellbeing app, Oppo. https://the-dots.com/projects/oppo-emergency-services-self-help-app-438174
+ Show more