Vura Applied Design is an award-winning design practice, a one man show with occasional collaborations, focusing on branding, image consulting, print and digital design. Professional attitude and a belief that design should be more than just a solution that is an aesthetic playground is what best describes Vura’s work. Whether it is for larger or more independent clients, Vurai’s passion is to create and design. By exploring the ideas of a 'message', Vura is creating quality communications that reflect clients' needs. Vura enjoys taking a wide scope of cultural and commercial projects in a wide variety of media, whether the projects are for one-off items or a full range of communication materials through consistent systems.
- KMD Theatre Rebranding and Repertoire Visual IdentityIn 2019 KMD Theatre got a new general manager, and one of his first moves was a rebranding project. He wanted to completely shift the direction of this theatre house and bring back the audience that was absent for such a long time. And that's where Maji came to this story. Since general manager described his goals and plans in quite a different manner from what the situation he inherited, a creative direction was that this rebranding project was going to be completely custom. It all started with
- Drop Co. — Visual IdentityBranding of Drop Co. is based on the idea it should rely solely on typographic treatment so that products shine on their own without much visual impact. At the same time, the challenge was to create a visual that has a strong character like Drop's products. Therefore lettering was a direction that would give that extra tone of the craft that goes into every item created by Drop.
- ROY KombuchaROY is a kombucha brewery based in Berlin. They approached Maji with a request to develop their branding and to design their packaging lineup for their various flavours. The main approach comes the from kombucha itself which is a sparkling fermented refreshing tea. Drink's bubbles became the core element that tells the story of fun, freedom but also organic and healthy approach by using soft, pleasant colours related to flavours. This element is applied on several levels throughout all of the ap
- Suky Ajvar - Packaging DesignSuky Ajvar is a project where the task was to create a label for this delicious handmade ajvar spread by a tight budget. The only restriction was to create something that looks good but cost almost nothing. Since this is a handmade product in not that huge quantities a concept came to an idea to involve the label in this handmade spirit. So, a very simple design was done. There are only three elements: typography, colour and holes. The number of holes represents the number of people who particip
- LazaretiThe proposal of this identity plays with architectural elements that are present in the construction of Lazareti, the first quarantine in the world. The arches that are doors and windows now become part of the identity. Yellow symbolically invite the quests to come and experience the contents placed inside of Lazareti. In the old days, a yellow flag meant that the ships and crews are infected by the disease. Today, the yellow flag means quite the opposite. So this identity follows the same prin
+ View all
Creative DirectorVura Applied Design LLC
Paris, FranceFull Time
Founder and creative director of Vura Applied Design. Managing team of graphic designers, developers and photographers.
+ Show more
- Print Design
- Motion Graphics
- Interactive Design
- Signage Design
- Poster Design
- Brand Identity
- Digital Online Design
- Typography Design
MAFaculty of Architecture / School of Design
- Zagreb, Croatia
Two year Master Course with a focus on print design.