Hello! I'm Sophie Walter, but you'll find I'm more likely to respond to 'Fee' (unless you're my parents or the postman). With an unsure start to my degree, I hopped from studying Television to Advertising and then decided that Graphic Design was probably the best route for me. Now it seems I’ve become sincerely infatuated with it and haven’t looked back. In terms of what my approach to Graphic Design is, strategic problem-solving definitely lives at the heart of my pile of projects and, somewhere within realms of the digital world, the solutions are bought to life. Now as a graduate, I’m back home in Cheltenham spending my time 'Feelancing', using my webcam as a portal to the world, replying 'not yet' to my mum when she asks me if I've got a job yet and confiding in my dog on long walks.
- So, it goes between the cracks?Context Keyboards are one of the filthiest things we have contact with on a daily basis, being 20,000x dirtier than a toilet seat. Those who travel on the tube carry even more bacteria. - Approach A keyboard cleaning solution which eliminates mess, bacteria and dirt by getting into all of the bits you can’t reach yourself.
- So, you're making a meal of it?Context Breakfast is known as one of the most important meals of the day, so it’s time there was a festival that celebrates it. The plan is that it would take place in West Sussex in SS21. - Approach Introducing Brek Fest. My role in this collaborative project is to create the branding and visual language which can appeal to a variety of ages.
- So, they're not just a pretty face?Context Research has shown that locals to the National Portrait Gallery avoid making pop-in visits, such as a lunchbreak or after work. - Approach Using illustration to communicate that the NPG is much more than just a portrait gallery, with a rooftop bar, great food and resident/guest DJ sets.
- So, it's the endless scroll in paper form?Context Dissertations are useful documents for students to read, especially before they write their own. The brief was to typeset two given dissertations for this purpose. Approach Reading scanned documents online can be difficult to engage with, so this is a publication optimised for both encounters. Combining both page turning with scrolling with a concertina.
- So, all my subs in one place?Context Subscriptions are becoming a playing a more prdominant role in our lives than ever, but it seems there’s no easy way to manage them all together. - Approach Smerge is a digital tool which allows users to view, gain insight, cancel or set up subscription-based services in one place.
- So, we're abusing drugs?Context By 2050, 10 million people will die annually as a result of antibiotic-resistant bacteria. Antibiotics are often misused/over-prescribed which is a massive part of the problem. - Approach A campaign which takes over hospitals and doctors surgeries supported by WHO to encourage the public to learn more about the resistance.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- Falmouth University, BA(Hons) Graphic DesignThe course aims to produce adaptive and curious thinkers who can respond to the continually evolving societal and business needs of our contemporary world with purposeful and innovative graphic design solutions. Personal development and direction is nurtured through our studio community, so they can build the reflective, intellectual, critical and craft skills appropriate for their idea and its delivery; to provoke change and challenge the creative industry and the subject's future. https://www34
+ Show more
- Graphic Design
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Digital Design
- Packaging Design
- Idea Generation
+ Show more