An art director and lead brand designer with over 15 years experience, primarily focused on fashion and lifestyle brands. Creating integrated national and global advertising campaigns, brand identities, moving image and digital content.
- Arlo & Jacob - Brand CreationArlo&Jacob’s ambition was to compete with the new breed of furniture e-tailers, as well as more established retail brands. The sofa sits at the heart of the home and the campaign art direction focused on this sentiment; the sofa as a stage that captures a rich mix of life’s moments. In above the line executions, the focus was on these ‘real’ moments, both intimate and playful. In broader brand collateral, people were still at the heart of the message, but the focus shifted to moments of craft a
- EASTPAK - SS16 CampaignEastpak had lost ground to the more trend focused brands of Fjallraven and Herschel, and needed to put some visual distance between themselves and the lifestyle led imagery of their competitors. Eastpak’s product principles focus on reductive design. A pared back and bold art direction was developed that reflected this simplicity, along with the creative and colour rich heritage of the brand. For the 2016 campaign we ‘owned the back’. Universally simple and flexible for all markets. Brand con
- Mr Porter - Brand Campaign 2016The brief was to develop an integrated campaign that would bring the experience of shopping on mrporter.com to life, highlighting it as the first choice for men across the globe looking for style solutions. The solution was not to change what the brand was saying, but how it was saying it. This was done by bringing the shopping experience to the fore, delivering more product and service information, whilst retaining Mr Porter’s aspirational messaging. The creative celebrated the characteristic
- Perry Ellis - SS18 CampaignPerry Ellis needed to cut through a crowded market and remind people of who they were and what they stood for. Whilst most other brands only focus on what a man looks like in his clothes, Perry Ellis focuses on what he’s able to do in them. With Perry Ellis, it’s more than just ‘fashion’. It’s about style that adapts and facilitates their customer’s needs. The SS18 campaign focused on the versatile and adaptive wardrobe that Perry Ellis offers, building on the ‘Life Ready’ brand positioning a
Projects credited in
- adidas - Bra Finderadidas Womenswear appointed ODD to work on a very particular brief. Following the success of this campaign, ODD has gone on to work on the adidas by Stella McCartney range. Ambition As one of the world’s leading authorities on sportswear, adidas wanted to educate women on the importance of wearing the right sports bra. We were asked for an integrated campaign that would kick-start an on-going conversation with young women, empowering and inspiring them to ‘meet their match’. The ODD Solution It’s a sensitive topic to broach, but with 80% of women wearing the wrong sports bra, it’s an important and relevant one. Finding the right tone of voice – a good balance between conversational and educational – was integral to the success of this campaign. We filmed a global in-retail video that used typography and a conversational tone to state the facts. This was supported by attention-grabbing OOH, editorial, social media, and in-gym experiential events that encouraged women to dump their old sports bra in exchange for a discount on a new adidas one. We also developed the campaign’s ecommerce hub: The ‘bra finder’. The personalised service drives ecommerce sales by guiding consumers through a series of questions to find the most ideal adidas bra for them. Beautiful Effectiveness The campaign was adopted in multiple markets, including the Middle East, South & Latin America, UK and Spain, helping to ensure women everywhere have the right support for their sport.
- Eastpak - Global Brand Campaign (2015/16)ODD were appointed as Eastpak’s agency of record in 2014. The first global brand campaign launched in the summer of 2015 with a new strategic and creative platform. Ambition ODD were tasked with an initial strategic piece, to identify and develop a new brand claim by discovering what the Eastpak brand truly stands for. The overall ambition was to re-establish Eastpak as the brand and backpack product of choice, through a supporting global campaign. The ODD Solution In order to get people to fall back in love with Eastpak we had to create a campaign which brought the brand to the forefront of consumer’s minds. To do this our campaign had to engage consumers in order to connect emotionally with them. We decided to take the brand back to the streets and own the relationship between people, bags and daily urban exploration, whilst simultaneously showcasing the diverse range of products available. We developed, art directed and produced a global ATL campaign, consisting of well placed OOH, press and digital in key cities. The campaign shows our urban consumer that Eastpak is more than a just a bag to carry your items from A to B. As you fill it with your belongings and put it on your back it joins you in the exploration of the city and it’s streets; capturing the moments of your life as you go. In addition to the ATL campaign we wrote, produced and directed a brand manifesto film, which is now used on their .com site and YouTube channel. Beautiful Effectiveness At the time of writing, the campaign had delivered an incredible 60% uplift in sales (YOY) via the e-commerce site, a 26% increase in online brand search, but more importantly it promoted a 73% uplift in consideration from its core target consumer. 60% uplift in e-comm sales 26% increase in online brand search 73% uplift in brand consideration
+ Show more
Head of DesignODD
- Union St, London SE1, UKFull Time
I led all aspects of the agency’s design output, leading the creative output and art direction for global ad campaigns with through the line thinking. Creating brand identity systems, treatments and on set direction of brand and campaign film content, seasonal retail and activation roll out, along with the day to day running of a design team that included digital designers, junior creatives, 3D designers and senior art directors.
Art DirectorYellowdoor (now Portas)
- Torrington Pl, Fitzrovia, London, UKFull Time
Senior position in a vibrant creative studio. Responsible for concept, art direction and design across a range of clients. Managing teams and leading projects from brief to delivery. Interpreting strategies into great creative solutions, art directing, managing and delivering campaigns independently. Producing high quality creative ideas and seeing them through to completion, while overseeing. inspiring, nurturing and helping develop junior members of the team.
+ Show more
- Graphic Design
- Art Direction
- Logo Design
- Print Design
- Creative Direction