Ash - Issue 2 - The Glory
On the theme ‘The Glory’, this second issue of Ash is about strength, resilience and nerve, sharing stories of survival, stories of rebellion and stories of overcoming shame, presented alongside stunning art from some of our faves.
We’re celebrating people that persist, shining a light on the many ways that shaming happens, and showing by example that you can stand up and be glorious in spite of it.
Featuring words and art from people who inspire us, including:
Gina Martin, Kadeena Cox, Jasvinder Sanghera, Jillian Mercado, Octo Octa, Zeina Nassar, Tori West, Amika George, Salma El-Wardany, Melissa Kitty Jarram , Amber Vittoria, Alice Wietzel, Jess T Dugan, J C Cowans, Assa Ariyoshi, Africa Brooke, Dani Coyle, Lala Love, Phoebe Montague … and so many more.
- ‘To Survive on This Shore’: portraits and perspectives of trans and gender nonconforming older people, by Jess T Dugan and Vanessa Fabre
- ‘The Fine Line’: on cancer and comedy, by Karen Hobbs
- ‘Sex, The Subconscious and The Sopranos’, an interview with our cover artist Melissa Kitty Jarram
- Perspectives on moving through shame to glory
- The lowdown on campaigning: for safe spaces, for #freeperiods, and more
- Journeys of radical self-acceptance
- Love, magic, embodiment and healing
- Paying the bills
- Living after abuse
£1 from the purchase of each issue in print from our website will be donated to Sister Supporter.