And here’s the one you shouldn’t give your time to:
This person is someone that spends a long time treating you as more than a friend, only to eventually reveal that they do not have feelings for you.
The person who plays games and flirts enough to secure your attention, but not your heart. The person who confuses you with their actions and mixed signals. The person who calls you when it suits them but refuses to see you when it suits you, who gives you enough attention to keep you out of the ‘friend zone’ but not enough to be in the ‘relationship zone’.
Still, there are moments when you refuse to believe what your eyes and their words tell you and, instead, you let your heart insert false information in your mind about them not being ‘ready to commit’ and needing ‘more time to realize his feelings’.
It is a heavy battle, I get it.
Liking someone who does not return your feelings can make you unsettled. You start to question your worth.
This is destructive to your emotional well being because your worth is not defined by anyone. You need to take care of your heart and the only way you can do this is by maintaining a safe distance from people who treat you this way.
And to do this, you must be prepared:
1. Learn to read the signs instead of trying to read between the lines.
2. Observe their behavior and actions—what do they tell you?
3. Ask them if they like you and if they say no, believe them.
4. Do not let them waste your time.
5. Lastly, don’t tell yourself that they want you, even though everything they say or do suggests the opposite. They aren’t worth it.
So, if someone wants to be with you, they will make it clear to you.
You may not be able to control the way someone feels about you, but you can work on how much you love yourself.