Words. Who needs ‘em, ay? I do. As a copywriter and poet, words are pretty important to me. I think the right words can do the most amazing things. And the wrong ones? Well, I think we’ve all experienced how frustrating that can be. I help brands find the right words to capture personality and communicate identity, so people can quickly understand who they are and what they stand for. Put simply, I connect brands to people through language. If you want a hand finding the right words, just drop me a message at email@example.com
- Reimagining the potential of luxury home environments… outdoorsNewly positioned masters of intuitive home technology, Cornflake, wanted to set their sights on luxury experiences outdoors, by developing an entertainment console. Working alongside a Creative Director as a duo, I led the strategy and identity for their new product, including naming ‘The Eden Chest’.
- SAMUEL NICHØLAS - Introducing Scandi minimalism to LDNAfter several trips to Copenhagen and Stockholm, brothers Samuel and Nicholas were hooked on the cool ooze of minimal Scandi style. They wanted to bring a slice of this back home to LDN, with the aim of introducing Scandinavian inspired effortlessness to London city-living lifestyles. Meticulous product research and development led the brothers to drop their first collection of lightweight half-placket linen shirts, and in 2019 menswear brand SAMUEL NICHØLAS was launched. Through product naming
- Citadel - Galvanising creative futures in the heart of BirminghamBirmingham, UK, is the beating heart of the West Midlands. From Broad Street to Bournville, the Custard Factory to Curzon Street, Birmingham nurtures its industrial roots and grows a vibrant city teeming with rejuvenation. Citadel is a social workspace designed to welcome businesses of all sizes and stages, arriving in Birmingham, United Kingdom. Set behind an ornate Victorian façade, the space serves those in need of a single desk or a full floor, all connected by a vast atrium hosting great
- Reimagining the potential of luxury living environmentsCornflake, based in Soho, wanted to reposition their brand identity moving away from ‘automated tech installers’ to experience-based curators of connection, bringing moments of wonder to luxury home environments. I led verbal brand identity to communicate exquisite spaces made effortlessly accessible for consumers through Cornflake’s skilled and trusted experience, elevating the potential of what home can be.
- Collaboration is harmony - the future of education through Black British historyIn response to building frustrations and unanswered questions in the UK, vaabs collective gathered a team of creatives for a project to assist in re-imagining the future of Education through Black British history in the UK Curriculum.
+ View all
Projects credited in
- CITADELCitadel is an iconic building in the heart of the UK, but its story had become lost in the growing urban environment of Birmingham. Kinrise, a firm who "create spaces that inspire and enable", wanted to breathe new life into the building as a social workspace whilst acknowledging Citadel's significant contributions to the spirit of the city. The brand needed to reflect the creative innovation destined for the space, whilst honouring the rich heritage within Citadel's grand structure. We uncover5
- CornflakeCornflake has over 40 years experience delivering cutting-edge technology solutions in luxury, large-scale residential properties. Their relentless focus on installing world-leading home automation meant Cornflake’s outward facing brand identity had taken a backseat. Cornflake's business success demanded a stronger identity, they needed to communicate who they really were and translate this into a lasting brand. We uncovered a clear opportunity for Cornflake to move away from soulless, speciali3
+ Show more
Brighton, United KingdomFull Time
Crafting brand narratives for a range of clients from established global corporations to local Sussex-based businesses. - Crafting verbal identity and producing messaging frameworks - Collaborating with strategy, design and web dev teams - Lead in studio editorial (case studies, blog) - Presenting brand identity to clients - Championing agency culture
Creative CopywriterUNFOUND STUDIO
Birmingham, United KingdomFreelance
Crafting verbal identities and messaging frameworks for a range of lifestyle, consultancy and wellness brands. - Leading copywriting - Developing Tone of Voice and brand guidelines - Creation and application of brand narrative - Supporting creative workshops - Close collaboration with creative director - Collaborating with design and motion to create rich brand assets
+ Show more
- Brand Tone
- Creating Stories
- Concept Creating
- Brand Identity
- Product Copy
- Brand Storytelling
- Ad Copywriting
MA Creative WritingUniversity of Brighton
- Brighton, United Kingdom
Grade: Distinction (79%) Achieved a high distinction during a full-time MA Creative Writing course (Humanities) at University of Brighton. This included the completion of 7 modules: 1. Narrative - understanding the art and design of storytelling 2. Publishing - contemporary processes of publishing 3. Rhetoric - developing writing knowledge and creative rhetorical skills 4. Poetry - practice, theory and craft in poetry 5. Screenwriting - writing for screen and scriptwriting 6. Communities in Practice - 'Artist in Residence' placement and development of writing practice 7. Dissertation - 20,000 word creative and critical analysis on my chosen research question 'The Role of the Modern-day Saga Writer - Bearing Tradition or Delivering the New?' an investigation people, place and identity through spoken narrative (high distinction 87%)
Holly Raber Prize for Most Creative DissertationUniversity of BrightonAwarded with the Holly Raber Prize for Most Creative Dissertation for production of a 20,000-word critical and creative project, achieving an outstanding distinction.