Hi everyone, happy Spring Equinox. I’m keen to know from all you lovely “Dot-ers” - why you do what you do? What gets you out of bed? Go!
- Hello,I create to stay sane and contribute to sustainable fashion. I love working with waste materials and seeing how piecing together materials I wouldn't otherwise use to make something unique
- Wow! Some incredible responses! Thank you so much for all your thoughts :)I absolutely love what I and I pinch myself that I create beautiful projects on a daily basis. I launched my freelance business back at the end of 2017 and lockdown last year definitely took its toll. Experimenting with different forms and techniques definitely saw me through 2020 and got me out of bed in the morning.I have a drive to keep developing and improving and I want to inspire people through design and show how valuable it is!
- the will to succeed!
- Happy Spring Equinox - thank goodness! Lockdown Winter has been LONG. The sunlight alone is making me want to get out of bed.Aside from that, I love making things happen and I love working in a team driving towards a united goal. I’m excited by visual brilliance, great creative, passionate stories and projects of purpose. I’m very lucky to be surrounded by amazing people full of good ideas – I plug into them and work out how the hell are we going to do this, then find the right people to collaborate with to make it happen.I like to get-shit-done and I want it to be the best we can make it. There is nothing more satisfying than end to end creation of something creative and beautiful we built as a team.
- Hello!I'm a graphic designer and creative consultant. I run a studio alongside my twin sister, Chloe and work on many community-sensitive projects.I think some people are motivated by pressure — I'm one of those people! I feel an overwhelming sense of "I have to keep going and keep improving". I enjoy that though, it feels like a journey I want to be a part of.I love being on the journey with the clients I work with. I understand what it's like to have a "vision". If I can communicate and design this for them, then it's a happy day. :-)I see there are lots of varied responses on this post — great to see everyone's passion!
- Why? Well i need to create to feel normal; to feel alive. I'm lucky enough to be able to have a career in what comes naturally. Creativity is self expression needing release in some form or another. So even when I'm not 'officially' working (for a client), i'm forming ideas through gardening or walking or reading etc.What gets me out of bed is the desire for the realisation of a thought that needs work or experimentation. The piecing together of ideas, the culmination of provoking concepts, the amalgam, the alchemy.
- It all began with a banana.(That's Andy Warhol’s screen printed album cover for the Velvet Underground).My career in visual communication started in graphic design before shifting into branding.Client's who come to me often fall into two types:‘I have no ideas and don’t know where to start’.or‘I have too many ideas and don’t know where to start’.Helping someone break a problem down and organise thought with a pen and blank sheet of paper is where my why begins.For me, meaningful purpose comes from sharing creative approaches and visual thinking.It's that moment of clarity when someone sees possibilities and says ‘I'm excited about this now’ that gets me out of bed in the morning.
- What gets me out of bed in the morning is usually my bladder. I try to fight it sometimes but eventually it breaks me.I jest of course, but your question is a good one. For me, there are simply too many things to list in a post on here! However this hopefully sums up my thoughts -As a filmmaker, I want to tell stories in some shape or form and that desire to communicate and connect with others is something we all have in us. It's just that each creative discipline tackles that desire in a different way.I think that this period of change has given myself (and hopefully others) the time to reassess my approach to creative endevours and helped me to focus my attention on what matters most. I hope you manage to do the same!
- The ability to help people with the skills that I've built up over many years of following my passion.
- I got into advertising because one or two brilliant adverts I found particularly inspiring. I want to create that for other people. I want to inspire them. If I can make tangible change too, that's a huge bonus
- I'm not going to lie, last year has been challenging (and it's still to some extent) and some days I had the temptation not to get out of bed at all! I think it's curiosity: will I see something new during my walk, or read something interesting in my feed. Will someone suggest a movie or a design project that will change my point of view? Of course I also had some work to do (sometimes :))
- Depending on the day...Fear of failure, poverty, status, a desire to change the world, to do good, to do better, to do more, survive, thrive, learn, support, empower, celebrate, becuase good enough is never good enough, because done is better than perfect, to make a difference, to inspire, to beat the competition, to be the competition to beat, to challenge the status quo, because I have to, because I want to."You gotta get TF up everyday and do this sh*t for you. F*ck what everbody else doing & saying. This is your life"
You must sign up or log in before you
add a comment.